Translate

Monday, December 17, 2012

A Kite Is Made to Fly


Seumean and Iris Kuon shepherd the TOUCH FAMILY in Webster, Texas. We have prayerfully coached them for five years. She writes:

Last year when our beloved Uncle Ralph and Auntie Ruthie had ceiling problems at their town home, they stayed at Galveston for a few days. They invited us to join them for lunch and surprised the kids with two kites. We drove to a spot at the seawall where the wind was particularly strong.
Here we were, four adults with two kids, trying to fly two kites. We felt so covered with love and spoiled by the attention we were getting for just flying kites ! There was excitement, love and laughter in the air ! I was particularly touched at one point when both Uncle Ralph and Seumean were showing XinMing how to “lift” the kite. Three generations right there.
A side note: you may assume people at my age would know how to fly a kite. I didn’t. I had never flown a kite. The kids were having a great time and I wonder how I would have missed out on such fun thing all my life! Timidly, I tried to do what they said and when the kite took off for the first time, I was feeling like the kite : soaring in the air. After all, the law of aerodynamics is not selective of whom it will work for.

A week later, it was P.E. time and the wind was strong. I thought to myself : let me pull out the kites and fly them! I was able to let it drag for a short distance but it never took off !

After a while, I figured out that a small part was missing. Put it back on and it took off – soaring high in the sky once more ! This caught the attention of other kids and they all came wanting to fly the kites.

There is so much similarity between flying a kite and how a cell church works. For a short time, it felt as if it did not work in America. It was not taking off ! But when the wind is strong (the Holy Spirit working in people’s hearts), the spiritual principles behind a cell-based church are no respecter of the flyer! 

It works in South Korea, it works in Brazil, it works in Ukraine and it works in America. It is going to work its way into the very END because it was the model since the very BEGINNING!

We have been so blessed to have someone who knows how to fly a kite taught us. We are teaching the others who want to receive it NOW. This past Christmas, our service was conducted by the young people – 20's and down. It was the most precious scene when kids as little as five were praying for the adults.

Thank you Uncle Ralph and Auntie Ruthie for teaching us how to fly the kite. Shall we go again soon ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! If you want to share more, my email is ralph@touchusa.org